Enjoy hiking through the amazing nature of Northern Thailand with us and let your senses be inspired by the surroundings. With an overnight stay in a charming and authentic hill tribe village.
08.30 am: We will pick you up at your hotel in Chiang Mai and will then do a 40 minute drive to a domestic market where we spend approx. 20 minutes to gather provisions for the tour. Another 30 minute drive on the domestic route along a steep road will bring us to Mork Fa waterfall where you can swim in this relaxing place with wonderful views.
After visiting the waterfall and a short drive later you will have lunch and some time to rest alongside the road in a small restaurant. We will do the cooking for you and you can enjoy your first authentic Thai-Food prepared by us. After lunch and another 45-60 minutes drive by car we will reach the drop-off and here the trekking part of your tour will begin and you will enter the dense jungle with us.
Your guide will lead the way and you will now be hiking through the amazing nature and experience all the different impressions along your way. We offer a softer route with less hiking (for families with smaller children) and a harder route with some more serious hiking through the jungles.
If you choose the softer route, we will reach a village of the Lahu hill tribe after about 2.5 hours of trekking and at an altitude of about 1,200 meters above sea level.
If you choose the harder route, we will reach a village of the Karen hill tribe after about 3.5 hours of trekking and at an altitude of about 1,400 meters above sea level.
You will spend the night in a simple wooden hut at the edge of the small village. You will have the chance to take a shower and refresh yourself and we will prepare dinner for you. Before it gets dark, you can visit the village and enjoy the evening scene of the surrounding mountains. Among other things you can see the top of Thailands 3rd highest mountain, Doi Chiang Dao (2,175 meters above sea level).
Sit on the deck in front of your hut near the small creek and enjoy the evening, listen to the sounds of the nightly jungle and zip a soft drink or a beer if you wish.
If you have chosen the softer route, then you can spend some time exploring the small Lahu village after breakfast and get a glimpse of the simple life of the hill tribes, while we prepare your bamboo raft and then you will start the rafting part of your tour.
If you have chosen the harder route, after breakfast we will be leaving the Karen village and do some more hiking through the lush nature for about 1 hour until we reach the starting point of the next adventure on your tour: the bamboo rafting. Each bamboo raft can accommodate 6-8 persons and their luggage, which is placed on a rack in the middle of the boat so that it is safe from the water.
On the selfmade bamboo raft you will have time to enjoy the amazing green left and right while the raft floats down the creek and if you want you can try and help steering the bamboo raft through the water. We will raft along the Mae Tang river for about 2 hours (depending on the season) towards a Shan village.
Once we reach the Shan village, you can refresh yourself and will have lunch and if there is time, you can wander around the small village and across a long wooden hanging bridge and bid farewell to the rain forest.
From the Shan village it is a 10 minute drive to the elephant camp where you have a chance to get in touch with the elephants - it is a truly unforgettable experience to get that close to a pachyderm. You can also feed the elephants and walk among them. After your meeting with the elephants we will leave the rain forest and drive back to Chiang Mai (approx. 1.5 hours). Arrival in Chiang Mai will be around 17.00 pm
• All meals during the tour
• Tea and Coffee for breakfast (overnight tours only)
• Accommodation at the hill tribe villages (overnight tours only)
• Meeting the Elephants
• Bamboo rafting (in very dry months maybe not possible)
• National park entry fees
• Accident insurance (Covers medical costs; does not include transportation)
• Soft drinks
• Drinking water
• Alcoholic drinks
• Some soft drinks (e.g. Coca-Cola, Water) and beer can be bought in the villages that we spend the nights
• During very hot & dry months the bamboo rafting might not be possible due to the water-level of the Mae Tang river being too low.
• Take care of your belongings: We are not responsible for your personal belongings. Any loss of personal belongings during the trekking is at your own risk.
• If you have special wishes (vegetarian, no fish, ...) for the food we prepare for you, please let us know when booking the tour - we will make sure to prepare the most yummy Thai Food possible for your personal bias.
Equipment provided from us;
• Life Jacket (rainy season June - September)
• Blanket (winter season December - March)
• Mosquito Net (rainy season June - September)
Things you need for your trekking tour
• Copy of your passport
• Sleeping bag (lined during winter season December - March)
• Long and short pants
• Shoes (with profile) and socks
• Pullover (winter season December - March)
• Raincoat (rainy season June - September)
• Sandals, if need be
• Hat or cap
• Bathing togs
• Insect repellent (best with leech protection)