Delve deep into some of mother natures finest art with us. Experience breathtaking views in the stunning lush nature and rest your head to sleep in authentic tribe villages in the jungles.
08.30 am: We will be pick you up from your hotel in Chiang Mai and after a one hour drive to a domestic market we spend 25 minutes to gather provisions for the tour.
A 30 minute drive on the domestic route along a steep road takes us to the waterfall where you can swim in this relaxing place with wonderful views.
You will have lunch and some time to rest alongside the road in a small restaurant. We will do the cooking and you can enjoy your first authentic Thai-Food prepared for you by us as we will also do for the next days.
After lunch we will drive another short distance to the drop-off and here the trekking part of your tour will begin and you will enter the dense jungle with us.
About 2-3 hours later we will reach a village of the Karen hill tribe at an altitude of about 1,400 meters above sea level. You will spend the night in a simple wooden hut at the edge of the small village.
You will have the chance to take a shower and refresh yourself and we will prepare dinner for you.
Before it gets dark, you can visit the village and enjoy the evening scene of the surrounding mountains. Among other things you can see the top of Thailands 3rd highest mountain, Doi Chiang Dao (2,175 meters above sea level).
Sit on the deck in front of your hut near the small creek and enjoy the first evening, listen to the sounds of the nightly jungle and zip a soft drink or a beer if you wish.
After breakfast you will be trekking through the beautiful nature and along rice fields for about three hours to visit the small elephant family living with a Lahu tribe in the jungles.
Here you will have time to relax and enjoy your lunch and after that you can get in touch with the elephants or have a refreshing swim in the river.
You will see the elephants also take a bath and maybe you want to join them and wash them a little bit - it is a truly unforgettable experience to dabble with a pachyderm. You can also feed the elephants and walk among them.
After your meeting with the elephants we will continue our way to bring you to your next destination: the mountain village.
Here you might want to take a swim in the shallow river, take a shower and sit on the large deck above the river and let all the impressions of your trip so far touch your heart and soul.
We will prepare your dinner and then spend the evening on the deck. Maybe you want to fly a wish lantern or sing next to the camp fire with us and enjoy the last night of your amazing jungle adventure.
After breakfast you will start the rafting part of your tour and we will raft your bamboo along the river for about 2-3 hours (depending on the season) from the Lahu village along the Mae Tang River towards a Shan village. Each bamboo raft can accommodate 6-8 persons and their luggage, which is placed on a rack in the middle of the boat so that it is safe from the water.
Once we reach the Shan village, you can refresh yourself and will then again experience an authentic Thai cuisine lunch. Following lunch you can take a little time to wander around the small village and across a long wooden hanging bridge and bid farewell to the rain forest. From here we will leave the rain forest and drive back to Chiang Mai in our truck. Arrival in Chiang Mai will be approx 17.00 pm
• All meals during the tour
• Tea and Coffee for breakfast (overnight tours only)
• Accommodation at the hill tribe villages (overnight tours only)
• Meeting the Elephants
• Bamboo rafting (in very dry months maybe not possible)
• National park entry fees
• Accident insurance (Covers medical costs; does not include transportation)
• Soft drinks
• Drinking water
• Alcoholic drinks
• Some soft drinks (e.g. Coca-Cola, Water) and beer can be bought in the villages that we spend the nights
• During very hot & dry months the bamboo rafting might not be possible due to the water-level of the Mae Tang river being too low.
• Take care of your belongings: We are not responsible for your personal belongings. Any loss of personal belongings during the trekking is at your own risk.
• If you have special wishes (vegetarian, no fish, ...) for the food we prepare for you, please let us know when booking the tour - we will make sure to prepare the most yummy Thai Food possible for your personal bias.
Equipment provided from us;
• Life Jacket (rainy season June - September)
• Blanket (winter season December - March)
• Mosquito Net (rainy season June - September)
Things you need for your trekking tour
• Copy of your passport
• Sleeping bag (lined during winter season December - March)
• Long and short pants
• Shoes (with profile) and socks
• Pullover (winter season December - March)
• Raincoat (rainy season June - September)
• Sandals, if need be
• Hat or cap
• Bathing togs
• Insect repellent (best with leech protection)